Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Quick Meal, Quick Post!

So today I have to keep things short and sweet. Failed on goals today, if only there was an easy way to find motivation. As a serial procrastinator, I figured I could, workout while drinking 8 glasses of water while using my iPod to post resumes online. So here I am at 10:00 pm... nothing started!

Today was a tricky day. It started off great with a yummy green smoothie with spinach, pineapple, banana and soy milk. So good!!

After dealing with the morons at work, I retreated at 11:30 to the nearest open bar (no, not alone... I haven't sunk that low yet!) and had some pizza without the cheese. now I think in a nice pizzeria this would be pretty yummy. However, in a grimey pub before noon, I guess you just take what you can get.

For dinner, I didn't feel like going to the effort of plan A which was a pressed salad a la Alicia Silverstone with homemade lentil soup. So, I came up with a nice plan B for the lazy girl in me... that has pretty much taken over my body.

Polenta and Chili Casserole
- Two cans of Vegan Chili
- 1 1/2 Cup Home made polenta (Though store bought would work too, I felt that making some was easier than going to the store).
- Chili powder
- 1/2 Onion
- Veggies (Frozen, canned, fresh.. whatever) If you use fresh, steam them first.

So after making the polenta, I dumped the chili into a oven safe casserole. Then I stored in the vegetables (I used california mix frozen greens). Then I dumped the polenta on top and sprinked with the chili powder.

Next I baked it at 400 F for about 20-25 min.

So easy... so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment